Friday, September 08, 2006

James Brown VS Chuck Berry














Compare and contrast the two artists backgrounds
Compare:

-they both are colour skin.
-Both of them got arrested 2 times had to be in the prison.
- First time of the arrested reason was Robbery

Contrast:
- James Brown: his music is kind of R&B, but they mention about Jazz + R&B become Funk music..I'm not sure if he is the one who create this type of music himself.

- Chuck Berry: his music is Rock&Roll, he began with Blues music to Rock&roll music

-James Brown: grew up in a poor family and the Great depression era

- Chuck Berry: grew up in the middle class family

- James Brown: had many wife and his life was related with drugs problem and it was the reason made him went to the prison for the second time.


Show examples of their work and describe what they sing about
James Brown


Artist: James Brown
Song: I Feel Good
Album: Turn It Loose


Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
So good, so good, I got you

Whoa! I feel nice, like sugar and spice
I feel nice, like sugar and spice
So nice, so nice, I got you

{ sax, two licks to bridge }

When I hold you in my arms
I know that I can't do no wrong
and when I hold you in my arms
My love won't do you no harm

and I feel nice, like sugar and spice
I feel nice, like sugar and spice
So nice, so nice, I got you

{ sax, two licks to bridge }

When I hold you in my arms
I know that I can't do no wrong
and when I hold you in my arms
My love can't do me no harm

and I feel nice, like sugar and spice
I feel nice, like sugar and spice
So nice, so nice, I got you

Whoa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would
So good, so good, I got you
So good, so good, I got you
So good, so good, I got you
HEY!!
:

This song "I feel good"

Although it's quite short but i like this song. And i'm not wondering why it's popular because his vacal was like he really did feel good! the vacal of happiness mix with the instruments.

He's probably talking about his love that he feel good to be in love or sth.He is the other artist that i think he is real because he wrote and express and sing in his real feel. So u could feel him or even u could feel happy with him too.


Chuck Berry

Chuck Berry - No Particular Place To Go Lyrics

Riding along in my automobile
My baby beside me at the wheel
I stole a kiss at the turn of a mile
my curiosity running wild
crusin' and playin' the radio
with no particular place to go

Riding along in my automobile
I's anxious to tell her the way I feel
So I told her softly and sincere
and she leaned and whispered in my ear
cuddlin' more and drivin' slow
with no particular place to go

No particular place to go
So we parked way out on ko-ko-mo
The night was young and the moon was gold
So we both decided to take a stroll
Can you image the way I felt
I couldn't unfasten her safety belt

Riding along in my calaboose
Still trying to get her belt a-loose
all the way home I held a grudge
for the safety belt that wouldn't budge
Crusin' and playing the radio
with no particular place to go

:
I think in this song he's probably writing about him and his girl in the car when they had got no place to go..lol
actually the song is alreay tell itself about what happen.

but what i actually like about this music is the instrument..it's really typicall rock&roll that i 've hear from Elvis's musics before.

How did each artists contribute to the rock scene
Ajarn-->I'm not sure about this question?
what is the rock scene u mean?



*

What connections, if any, did the artists have to the blues scene

If Blues scene you mean the hard time. I guess they both have as they had got many problem.

James Brown--> was born poor, he is African_American(for sure he didn't get the best treat from the society), got troble with drugs, been in the prison twices, he had got many wifes mean that he couldn't really find the perfect love.

Chuck Berry--> he was not poor like James Brown, but he'd been to the prison twice, even got trouble with women about the camera stuffs.





Which artists did you prefer? Why?
- I think I prefer James Brown although he'd got problem with drugs many times.
But i like his music and they way he express his vocal you could really feel him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home